Our goal is to give the physician more time to deliver the highest quality of care to their patients. One of the ways we do this by keeping your practice secure and profitable in the changing landscape of healthcare reimbursements.
- Ernie Fletcher M.D., CEO Alton Healthcare, Former Governor Commonwealth of Kentucky, Former CDC Sr. Medical Advisor
Revenue cycle management is complex and rapidly changing, with MACRA & MIPS value based payments putting providers at risk of collecting less revenue for more work. Alton Healthcare has an established history of ensuring physicians receive maximum payments, while decreasing administrative headaches and improving client outcomes.
Ongoing Financial Analysis
Our analytics department reviews your account in depth on a regular basis and provides you with targeted data and clear recommendations that will help you improve your practice’s performance.
Complete Billing Services
In a time of decreased reimbursements, Alton provides a full range of services designed to strengthen the financial health of your practice and inoculate you from the risks of audit while maximizing revenue, minimizing rejections and streamlining billing processes.
Our team of expert billing professionals have experience in multiple practice management systems. So whether your billing environment is located in your office or ours, regardless of the software vendor, we can act as an extension of your practice. We shepherd each claim through the billing process and recommend improvements to ensure you receive the maximum revenue so you can spend time where it matters, your patients.
Claim Submission - Payment Posting - A/R Analysis - Denial Management - A/R Follow-up
cODE ANALYSIS & tRAINING
We utilize certified coders for your billing and provide continual analysis and feedback. We can also offer targeted or complete chart audits to review for charge capture and accurate reporting to maximize revenue. Additional services can include targeted training utilizing chart audits and analysis of your practice to increase accuracy and maximize your reimbursements.
- Procedure Code Analysis - Revenue / Reimbursement
- Determine strengths and weaknesses (lost revenue) to the practice
- Chart audits
- Train front office staff on how to apply 271 Business Rule for:
- Identifying inpatient/outpatient co-pays co-insurance amounts for time-of-service collection
- Checking patient coverage for preventive and diagnostic services
- Improve charting by advising key-word documentation on HPI, ROS, PFSH, Exam, and MDM.
- Charge Capture
- Modifier Use
- Based on Results of Audit - Education for Providers and Staff
- AR - Days in AR - goal <28 days
- Patient Collection
- Bad Debt
Provider Enrollment & Credentialing
Through our credentialing services, Alton works with your practice to ensure timely and accurate provider enrollment and individual credentialing as needed, initiate and maintain CAQH registration, and complete Medicare and Medicaid revalidation.
Whether you are a multispecialty group, single specialty group, or a solo practitioner, let our experts help you. Credentialing represents the foundation of every practice's revenue cycle and is increasingly complex and labor intensive. This is not the area you should entrust to someone inexperienced or improperly trained.
We can quickly Credential providers with the necessary payers and always ensure our clients receive fair compensation from the insurers.
- Physician Practice Start-Ups
- Physician Credentialing/Insurance Enrollment Services
- Annual Credentialing Maintenance
- Re-validation for PECOS
- Nurse Practitioner & Physician Assistant Credentialing
- Medicare Enrollment Services